Sunday, January 17, 2010

Feelings after a week of work

I was in the hall swimming team and used to swim 2 to 3 times a week. After I left the hall year 1, I wasted a lot of time in sem 3 and swam a lot less, which weakened my skills badly.

In order to relax myself, I went to the swimming pool yesterday and happened to encounter IHG swimming taking place there. Now that the main pool is occupied, I have to go to the smaller shallow pool, fulled with a group of pupils. One side is campus's best swimmers, one side is pupils and, gloriously, me. It made me feel very awkward. I felt even worse when I found that after a vacation's time, my skills degenerated and I swam even a lot worse than sem3. When I was there enjoying the depression, my comrades in the hall swimming team saw me and came to say hello. Unexpectedly, they asked me which hall am I swimming for this year.

Well, I swam for nobody now and in such status, I could only swim for nobody. At that moment, my heart really bleed. The pain, so strong, shivered my heart. I was one of them, fighting together a year ago at the same place. I was not of the best swimmers but I was having an active, muscular body. I had a CAP close to 5 and confidence of conquering any difficulties. All these, collapsed in a semester's time.

Then I thought about my current semster 4. Till now, i sleep on average 4 to 5 hours a day, doing a lot of work, feeling very tired. This semester is to be, and is meant to be tiring. I thought about it in the small shallow "bath", watching my comrades fighting in the pool and suddenly felt very fortunate that I am having such a semester. It is true that I will be overloaded in this sem and my body is to be highly stressed. While I at last starts fighting again. I will no longer fall deeper in the pit of depression. On the other hand, I will probably climb up.

Exhausted, but no longer frustrated, I think in that bath, I have found back my inner peace.

Failure, shall not be my destiny.

2 comments:

  1. I swam for nobody now and in such status, I could only swim for nobody. At that moment, my heart really bleed.

    I was once a sportsman too. The problem with sports is that it takes a lot of effort, not just to improve, but even just to maintain your form.

    The thing that people need today is CLARITY. We all have 24 hours a day and finite time before we end up in the grave. If you know what you want to do with your life, you will be able to allocate your time in the more "efficient" way.

    Till now, i sleep on average 4 to 5 hours a day, doing a lot of work, feeling very tired. This semester is to be, and is meant to be tiring.

    While you should push yourself, you also have to mindful how hard you push 'cos if you over-do it, you're going to cause yourself more harm than good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The thing that people need today is CLARITY. We all have 24 hours a day and finite time before we end up in the grave. If you know what you want to do with your life, you will be able to allocate your time in the more "efficient" way.

    That is true, prof. When many things are out there, I have difficulty picking up the important ones. Earlier I naively thought I should "Learn as much as I could" in the university which now turns out helping nothing as time is limited.

    While you should push yourself, you also have to mindful how hard you push 'cos if you over-do it, you're going to cause yourself more harm than good.

    Thanks prof. As I have wasted a lot of time and end up in a very inefficient working state, I have to push myself really hard to enter a better state and maintain it

    ReplyDelete